Well it has to be meaty...mmm
This Little Piggy Cooked
Veal & Serrano Ham Lasagne
400g Veal Mince
200g Serrano Ham, pulled into bite size pieces
250g Cherry Tomatoes, roasted in basil olive oil
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic
300ml Red Wine
6 Lasagne Sheets
50g Cheddar Cheese, grated
25g Gravy Granules
Sprinkling of Dried Oregano, Basil & Thyme
400ml Semi Skimmed Milk
2 Onion Slices
20g Plain Flour
1 Bay Leaf
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c and heat the olive oil in a casserole dish on the hob. Add the onions, garlic and mince and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle over the gravy granules which will enhance the meaty flavour and fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add to the pot the roasted tomatoes with juices and the vino which will have the meat floating in a red wine bath, put a lid on it, simmer for 25 minutes but then put on a high heat for 5 minutes after that which will reduce all the liquid further and make it lovely and rich..
3. Meanwhile, put the milk in a saucepan with the sliced onions and bay leaf and slowly simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Take the milk off the heat, strain out the bay leaf and onions and pour the milk into a jug.
5. Pop the butter in the saucepan and stir to help it melt and once fully melted add the flour and increase the heat. Stir quite vigorously so it turns into a paste.
6. Incorporate the milk a little bit at a time, whisking and eventually it will transform into a glossy sauce.
7. Let it then simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Once the meat has done it s time, layer a dish with the lasagne sheets and spoon the tomatoey mince over them. Liberally scatter some Serrano ham over this then lightly pour the b�chamel over that so it s sufficiently covered, sprinkle with half the cheddar and repeat the layering.
9. Finish off with a layer of the lasagne sheets covered with the cheddar and put in the heated oven for 30 minutes until browned and bubbling.